Applying For A Business License
The issuance of a Business License is not necessarily the only permit, license, certificate and entitlement for use required by the city's ordinance and other laws. For example, you may be required to obtain a building permit, certificate of occupancy or use permit. You are responsible for ensuring that all necessary permits, licenses, certificates and entitlements have been obtained. For more information, contact the Building Department at (209) 599-2613.
- Print out the application(s) that pertain to your business. (See table below) When printing the Adobe Acrobat file, be sure to select the "Print as image" box in the print command window.
- Fill in all information completely. Application (s) will be returned if all information is not provided.
- Sign the completed application(s) and return by mail or in person with the appropriate fees (See Fee Schedule) to City Hall.
- Once processing is complete, the Business License will be sent to the mailing address listed on the Business License Application.
- Please allow one to two weeks for processing and approval of your Business License Application. When a Home Occupation Permit is required, please allow an additional two weeks.
Forms can be mailed to you by including a Self Addressed Stamped Envelope (SASE) with your request. Please address your request to: City of Ripon, 259 N. Wilma Avenue, Ripon, CA 95366, Attention: Joanne.
Read the frequently asked questions.
If you have any other questions, please contact the Business License Department at (209) 599-2108 or by e-mail to Business License Department
Division of Labor Standards Enforcement
Are you required to be certified by the Department of Industrial Relations? READ