Election Q & A

What is on the November 8, 2022 ballot?
Three City Council seats -Council Members are elected at-large
    Two seats for four-year terms
- Term ending - Council Member Restuccia and Council Member Uecker
     One seat for an unexpired two-year term
- Term ending - Council Member Barton

Information contained on this page is for candidates for Ripon City Council only.  Candidates running for offices on special district boards that represent Ripon residents should contact the San Joaquin County Registrar of Voters at (209) 468-2885 or visit their website for additional information.

What are the eligibility requirements for Candidacy?
To be eligible to run for City Council, a person must be a registered voter of Ripon at the time nomination papers are issued.  In order to qualify as a registered voter in Ripon you must be:
- A United States citizen
- A resident of Ripon
- At least 18 years of age on the date of the next election
- Not in prison or on parole for a felony conviction

What compensation does City Council receive?
Each member of the City Council shall receive a salary as set forth in Government Code Section 36516.

When can I take out nomination papers?
The nomination period runs from July 18, 2022 until August 12, 2022.  If an eligible incumbent has not filed on the last day of the nomination period, eligible candidates other than the incumbent shall have until August 17, 2022 to complete nomination papers.

Is there a fee to pay when I file my nomination papers?
No, the City of Ripon does not charge a fee to file nomination papers.  However, there is a fee to pay if you choose to file a candidate statement.  This fee is determined by the Registrar of Voters office, not the City, and the amount varies with each election.

What if I change my mind about being a candidate after I have filed my nomination papers?
You may withdraw your candidacy any time prior to the close of the nomination period.  If you choose to withdraw after that date, your name will appear on the ballot.

When officeholders or candidates receive contributions of $2,000 or more, are they required to have a committee?
Yes.  An officeholder or candidate who receives contributions (including loans) that total $2,000 or more in a calendar year must file a Form 410 (Statement of Organization).
City of Ripon | All Rights Reserved | Powered by CivicLive | © 2023 Civiclive.