General Information

A Transportation Permit is required of all drivers who travel within the City limits in a vehicle or with a load that exceeds the maximum requirements as specified in Division 15 of the California Vehicle Code (CVC).  A Permit allows for the movement of these vehicles or loads, as well as to place reasonable restrictions on their movement, such as routes and times of day when the movements may occur.  This oversight is important to ensure that drivers are aware of construction and detours along their proposed route, to ensure adherence to truck routes whenever possible, and to maintain awareness of when and where these movements will occur in the interest of public safety.

Required Submittals

Transportation Permit requests must be submitted in a timely manner.  The City shall make every effort to promptly review and respond to these requests.  Please allow up to (7) business days processing time. 

To obtain a Transportation Permit, please submit the following items via

  • email to [email protected], or 

  • in person or mail to City of Ripon Engineering Department, 259 N. Wilma Avenue, Ripon, CA  95366. 

     1.  Transportation Permit Application - completed and signed.
     2.  Certificate of Insurance
          See "Transportation Permit Conditions - Insurance Requirements" for minimum limits 

     3.  Permit Fee
          $16     Single Trip Permit (Valid for up to (7) days from issuance for one trip)
          $90     Annual Permit (Valid for (1) year from date of issuance for unlimited use)

          Payment may be made by either cash, cashier's check, money order or check.  If
          paying by check, the City will accept a copy of the check submittal.  Upon receipt of
          the approved Permit, prompt payment is required, and failure to do so will result in 
          being moved to a "pre-payment" status for all future Permits.


Questions regarding the status of a Permit Application or Permit requirements can be directed to the City of Ripon’s Engineering Department at (209) 599-2108 or via email to [email protected].


Municipal Code – §10.44 Truck Route and Commercial Vehicles 

Transportation Permit Application

Transportation Permit Conditions

Map - Truck Route

City of Ripon | All Rights Reserved | Powered by CivicLive | © 2023 Civiclive.